grappling simplified

This forum is for debating dagger and all unarmed styles.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jay Vail
Sleepyhead
Sleepyhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
grappling simplified

Post by Jay Vail » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:57 am

Most HEMA people don't focus much on wrestling. I get that. They come to HEMA to play with swords. But still, we shouldn't neglect wrestling, since is the foundation of HEMA.

I've given the matter a great deal of thought and have come up with 7-8 techniques that are really effective and relatively easy to learn. I've used them effectively time after time against bigger guys.

If the Guild is interested, I can put together a syllabus that can be a foundation for study and self-teaching. Let me know.
mike cartier
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: grappling simplified

Post by mike cartier » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm

yes I have this from you now since this post and its great Jay.
Excellent way to distill it down to something more accessible
Miguel Salas
Sleepyhead
Sleepyhead
Club:Esgrima Histórica Concepción
Weapons:Ringen, Dagger, Longsword, Dussack.

Re: grappling simplified

Post by Miguel Salas » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:45 am

please do it, it would be great. :)

In my club we do Ringen always has part of the warming, but still i think we have a lack of base in the matter.

Return to “Dagger, grappling, unarmed”