Technique videos

Here we discuss everything related to longsword fencing

Moderators:K.Maurer, Kevin Maurer, C. VanSlambrouck, mike cartier, C.VanSlambrouck

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DavyVanElst1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Technique videos

Post by DavyVanElst1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:45 am

Hi all,

I came across a video containing the 'First Play' from 'Vom Tag' of Meyer, and I thaught that it would be a good idea that we collect some good videos on the various techniques of Meyer (or other fencing masters). So here goes the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AvUVJGm5a0

This video shows in a clear way the 'First Play' of Meyer, the only thing that is not correct is the first parry, which should be performed with the flat of the blade and not on the flat of the blade.

Enjoy,
Davy Van Elst
die Meyer KriegSchule
Ted Elsner
Just woke up
Just woke up
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Technique videos

Post by Ted Elsner » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Here is a video we made this last week of our working through the first play from Zornhut. The camera angle is kind of tight since it was recorded with my cell phone propped up against a book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvRbBrykCZk&feature=youtu.be

Ted
mike cartier
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms

Post by mike cartier » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:25 am

That first one looks ok but why are they using that lazy vom tag stance with a Meyer technique. Blasphemy!
Ted Elsner
Just woke up
Just woke up

Post by Ted Elsner » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I was probably actually me getting lazy with Zornhut and letting my hands slip down. We recorded that towards the end of practice and it was about 105 out. Which I get for you Florida guys isn't bad but we California types like to keep it under 100.
Ted Elsner
Just woke up
Just woke up

Post by Ted Elsner » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlIkHLVt2HQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is another video, this time we briefly do the ever popular first from Vom Tag to get it out of the way, then on to the 2nd, finishing off with 5 minutes of us playing around with it.
mike cartier
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms

Post by mike cartier » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:40 am

very cool Ted, I love it. I will have to attach these videos of yours to the members side stuff we have on Meyer curriculum.

Return to “Longsword”