new wrestling approach

Here we discuss everything related to dagger and grappling.

Moderators:K.Maurer, Kevin Maurer, C. VanSlambrouck, mike cartier, C.VanSlambrouck

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jay Vail
Sleepyhead
Sleepyhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
new wrestling approach

Post by Jay Vail » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 am

I've been thinking a lot about the sorry state of wrestling among the practitioners of our art. I know that everybody wants to play with swords, but they neglect the fact that wrestling is a necessary adjunct to swordplay, especially where the longsword is concerned. In sad consequence, the level of grappling among the membership is, I am afraid to say, only a cut above the pathetic. So, I have distilled down the dozens and dozens of wrestling techniques to seven or eight that are both highly effective regardless of your size, and easy to learn and apply. They are all in the manuals and they all work. I use them a lot myself against bigger folk with good success. I am thinking about putting a syllabus down on paper for distribution among the guild of these techniques to establish a ground floor of what you absolutely should know. Is this a project that interests anyone?
mike cartier
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: new wrestling approach

Post by mike cartier » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm

yes please do Jay that would be great, I am in total agreement about the sad state of grappling skill in the guild.

i propose a tournament for grappling (or several) at the next Meyer Open
We can work your handout to prepare.

dagger tournament too

Return to “Dagger & Grappling”