Practice with padded gear and getting hit

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Roger N
Site Admin
Site Admin
Weapons:Longsword, quarterstaff, dussack, dagger
Practice with padded gear and getting hit

Post by Roger N » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 am

Roger Norling

Quarterstaff instructor
Gothenburg Free Fencers Guild

Member of MFFG
http://www.freifechter.com

Member of HEMAC
http://www.hemac.org

Chief editor HROARR
http://www.hroarr.com
Frederico Martins
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Practice with padded gear and getting hit

Post by Frederico Martins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks Roger.
This is what happens when practicing without hand guards.. inexperienced guys like me get hit in the hand. Any of those hits with a wooden weapon would be a broken bone, at a time i got a glove, because even with the padded staffs that begun to feel after a few hits.
I can never go that fast with Luis using wood weapons. Must practice better timings, speed, posture... the usual:)
Bill Carew
Instructor
Instructor
Weapons:longsword, longstick
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bill Carew » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Frederico,

I think it looks pretty good.

Where did you get the padded staves from? Did you make them or can they be bought off the shelf somewhere? Thanks.

Cheers,

Bill
Frederico Martins
Is on speaking terms
Is on speaking terms

Post by Frederico Martins » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Bill,
these staffs were made by masters Russo and Mota, with tubes foam and cloth, they work much better than other alot more expensive ones we used before, but require a little more padding, we didn't even use head protection here because it was a more controlled practice, but it is necessary for full speed sparing.

Return to “Video Clips”