The Great Big Global Hema Census

Here news regarding the Hroarr site and polearms will be posted.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Roger N
Site Admin
Site Admin
Weapons:Longsword, quarterstaff, dussack, dagger
The Great Big Global Hema Census

Post by Roger N » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi!

I am researching how many members each club has and would like to ask for your help in providing some short information. The email has been sent to roughly 250 clubs all over the world and I have already received replies from nearly half.

The reasons behind this survey are an attempt at building stronger arguments when discussing with manufacturers of protective gear, media and other martial arts groups. There are no commercial ties behind this email. Only a wish to make the Hema community stronger.

Hopefully, we can interest companies like Allstar, Leon Paul and Negrini in designing fencing masks that suit our needs and companies like Brine to create gloves specifically for Hema.

So, I would like to ask if you would be willing to provide this info? The results will of course be made public to all clubs that are interested in participating.

The questions are as follows:

1. How many chapters does your club have? In other words, how many locations do you teach at?

2. How many members does your club or your chapters have? (Please only count members who have paid for membership!)

3. How many classes do you teach per week?

4. What classes do you teach? (longsword, messer, sword&buckler, rapier, spear, pole arms etc)

That’s it!

I know that it can be difficult to count paying members, if you have another payment plan; single classes or monthly fees etc, but please try to come up with a reasonable number of how many are involved in your club. We don’t need exact figures, but a good estimate.

If you decide that you do not wish to participate in this survey, then I would be immensely grateful if you would let me know, so I can remove you from the survey and this emailing list!

I would also very much appreciate if you would tip me of any other clubs in your country that aren’t listed yet and if you don’t mind, help spreading the word so we can get as many as possible to participate. You can find the listed clubs and the results here:

http://www.hroarr.com/survey/worldwide/ ... /index.htm

I am looking forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks and have a nice day!
Roger
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Announcements”